10 Ways Ecommerce Brands Can Increase Traffic And Sales With Facebook
1. Use Images
Images perform better on Facebook than any other kind of post.
- Images with context perform EVEN better. Make your images self explanatory or add a text overlay
- Posts with images get 39% more engagement
2. Sell the lifestyle around your product.
Customers are likelier to buy if they can imagine life with your product.
Create vivid imagery for your customers:
- Setting: Will they use it at home? With friends?
- Visual Style: Sophisticated? Soft?
- Related Products: What’s the toothbrush to your toothpaste?
3. Create themed product collages
Collages are more interesting than plain old product shots
- They trigger associations in the viewer’s mind.
- We don’t use products in isolated contexts, so why should we look at them as such?
4. Run giveaways
EVERYONE LOVES DISCOUNTS
- 42% of customers like a brand on Facebook to receive coupons and discounts
HELP YOUR CUSTOMERS HELP THEIR FRIENDS
- People love recommendations from friends, sweeten the deal with some coupons.
- Consumers rely on word of mouth 2-10x more than paid advertisements.
5. Offer time-sensitive discounts
Time-sensitive discounts induce urgency
- Discounts can be worth the cost because they bring in new customers
- By including minimum purchase limits, you boost sales without bleeding dry
- 60% of women have made an impulse buy in the last year
6. Offer gift cards
Channel the holiday spirit
- The National Retail Federation found 81% of Americans purchased gift cards during the holidays.
- They also that 70% of customers spent more than the cards value.
7. Run contests
Contests excite your customers
- Encourage sharing to attract more customers
- 35% of Facebook users like a page so they can participate in contests
8. Ask questions
Get your customers talking!
- Customers want to be heard. Asking questions in your posts give them permission to share
- Posts with questions get 2x more comments
9. Offer free shipping
Snag boatloads of new customers
- 20% of consumers say free shipping is the MOST important factor when shopping online
- 52% of shopping carts were abandoned due to a lack of free shipping
10. Use a custom Facebook store app
Use apps to complement your customers’ experience
- Introduce your products to your customers ASAP.
- There are many options for Facebook store apps that work with most ecommerce platforms.